You are about to embark on a journey into the mystical world of Alara's Fairy Garden. Created in the old-school text adventure game style, this world is both engaging, fun and ever-changing.
The Fairy Garden MUSH requires a local Telnet client to be installed and configured on your own computer.
Connecting to the Fairy Garden
Create a new World or MUD listing in your preferred client and enter the following information into the connection options:
Detailed instructions are listed in our wiki.
The Fairy Garden is based solely off of a concept around which its story is written. While many MU*'s like to pattern themselves from a previously written story, the Fairy Garden is an attempt at laying down a base story completely from inspiration and completing the story via roleplay. In short, you are the author. Completely.
Rules for Roleplay:
The Fairy Garden encourages roleplay based on many of the basic mystical creatures. There are currently 12 races divided into 4 classes:
- Dryad - Also known as tree-nymphs, these are the spirits of the trees.
- Fairy - Small winged beings that resemble tiny humans.
- Naiad - Water nymphs with the ability to meld into and become a liquid.
- Theriolyph - Half animal, half humans including fauns, centaurs, harpies, etc.
- Antho - Pure furries, animals with human features or vice versa.
- Metamorph - Creatures that transform from humanoid to animal based on certain conditions.
- Dragon - Large winged reptilian creatures with magical abilities.
- Daemon - Winged beings spawned from lava-dwelling salamanders who are known for their powerful mating instincts.
- Naga - Serpent-like creatures known for their paralytic gaze.
- Lich - Skeletal undead spawn of the Grim Reaper.
- Sluagh - Cursed souls who are banned from the afterlife.
- Vampire - Blood-sucking undead who thrive in the darkness.
Levels and Experience
While many MUDs consist of a levelling system and dungeons to gain experience, I haven't had much desire to develop something so complicated from scratch. Although I've had a few ideas in that area, my main objective has been to work on the look and feel of the garden to make it as enjoyable as possible without too many features. Therefore, there will be no levelling or experience system, at least not right away. Instead, roleplay is encouraged above all else.Your IP has been logged.