Notice: Our IP Address has changed!
If your client is prone to caching the IP address of the MUSH and you're having connection issues as a result, try clearing it or connect directly to 188.8.131.52:3349
You are about to embark on a journey into the mystical world of Alara's Fairy Garden. Created in the old-school text adventure game style, this world is both engaging, fun and ever-changing.
The Fairy Garden is based solely off of an original concept regarding the mystical and magical realms of Gaelic and Celtic lore. While many MU*'s like to pattern themselves directly after previously written story, either via novel or movie, the Fairy Garden is more an attempt at laying down the framework for an original story from inspiration, while drawing its themes from ancient mythology, and then completing this story via roleplay. In short, you are the author. Completely.
Rules for Roleplay:
The Fairy Garden encourages, but does not enforce roleplay. The only requirement is that your character be based out of one of twelve flexible races offered:
- Dryad - Also known as tree-nymphs, these are the spirits of the trees.
- Fairy - Small winged beings that resemble tiny humans.
- Naiad - Water nymphs with the ability to meld into and become a liquid.
- Theriolyph - Half animal, half humans including fauns, centaurs, harpies, etc.
- Antho - Pure furries, animals with human features or vice versa.
- Metamorph - Creatures that transform from humanoid to animal based on certain conditions.
- Dragon - Large winged reptilian creatures with magical abilities.
- Daemon - Winged beings spawned from lava-dwelling salamanders who are known for their powerful mating instincts.
- Naga - Serpent-like creatures known for their paralytic gaze.
- Lich - Skeletal undead spawn of the Grim Reaper.
- Sluagh - Cursed souls who are banned from the afterlife.
- Vampire - Blood-sucking undead who thrive in the darkness.
The Fairy Garden MUSH requires a local Telnet client to be installed and configured on your own computer.
Connecting to the Fairy Garden
Create a new World or MUD listing in your preferred client and enter the following information into the connection options:
Detailed instructions are listed in our wiki.
Levels and Experience
While many MUDs consist of a levelling system and dungeons to gain experience, I haven't had much desire to develop something so complicated from scratch. Although I've had a few ideas in that area, my main objective has been to work on the look and feel of the garden to make it as enjoyable as possible without too many features. Therefore, there will be no levelling or experience system, at least not right away. Instead, roleplay is encouraged above all else.