Here are some really old news entries that never got migrated to the database.
Return to main news page
210 (NEWS 403) - Features, Fixes and Fun
By Alara: I've fixed up a bunch of things, thanks to Alexander who has been unintentionally playtesting a lot of my lesser-used systems! Let me see if I can remember all I've done in the past few days.
- Dreamcasting no longer sends @mail to the sleeping/away player unless they are offline. You can now dreamcast to offline players.
/ no longer shows the "That player does not exist." message due to double command matching.
- &SOC_ now uses &SOC` to clean up a player's examine. Similarly, FINGER_
now uses &FINGER` .
- +FINGER has been massively cleaned up in the code so that I can add or fix things easier.
- +FINGER now takes new keywords after the player name:
RP shows only roleplay and general IC information.
SOCIAL displays a character's social networks (SOC`*).
TOPICS displays the subtopics set on the character (FINGER`*).
Take a look at +HELP FINGER which has been updated accordingly.
- With the creation of our newest player, Nysh'ala, we've confirmed that non-alphabetic character names do work. However, there may be unforseen issues with this. Submit a bug if anything is discovered!
- I'm slowly working on migrating Merc's +HELP to a homemade SQL system. Progress is slow, and the system is not ready for release yet, but stay tuned as it's looking nice so far!
- All rooms now belong to a zone, including spaceships and other planets. YELL is broken as of yet, but I should be able to fix that relatively easily.
- Superzones such as other planets, extraplanar areas, a far-away island, etc. will now take priority over where you are teleported to after a death cooldown. In short, if you die too far from your HOME, you will be teleported to a base room for the area in which you died. This is more for convenience (a friend flew you to Megadon in his own ship, and so arriving back in your bed after having died, you have no way of getting back there on your own) than it is for RPG/QUEST cheat prevention. Because we don't really have many quests, and RPG fighting is unheard of.
There may be more I've missed, but this is the most I can think of for the moment. If any problems arise, do let me know!
--Wed, 14 Mar 2018 11:13:17 MDT